One of the reasons I started blogging aside from the fact that I love to write is to help other women look fly on a budget.
I created these bullets to help me (and you) stay away from looking on the cheap.
How to look cheap:
- Fake satin dresses (super shiny material #1 offender)
- Cheap shoes in bright colors (insert drawn out eye roll)
- Thin t-shirts with large statement words (two problems here #1 the extra thin t shirt, only thing separating you and public nudity is one thread count #2 the oversized statement words, we all want “Good Vibes” your t shirt spelling it out for me is already bringing you my side eye sooooo)
- Spandex Leggings as pants (unless there is an oversized shirt or sweater over your crotch. This is not the desert you can skedaddle that camel right along)
- Tacky costume jewelry (if there’s a possibility that Mr. T may have dabbled in your costume jewelry, its a no from me)
- Wearing teeny dresses when you are not teeny (I’m not saying you have to be a super model to wear tight clothes but be tasteful whatever size you are)
- Bold prints and loud colors (be mindful of material in order to pull either off. Spandex leopard print= No)
- Faux leather- (If you have to ask yourself does it really look fake? The answer is YES!)
It is ridiculously easy to look great on a budget. There are so many bloggers and style magazines that offer budget styling tips and advice for great affordable style.
This dress cost me $35, yes it has a bold print but the material is key.
Enjoy the snaps and don’t forget you can shop my posts with the icons above.
Photos by Andrew Morales of Life in Reverie